Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Statement from Miss Penny Lane re: Comments missing because of blogspot.com's glitch


Hello my Palermo dearies. Back from a long weekend away, it was wonderful to see your many comments posted about the 4th of July festivities, concerns about the watering of our community plants, and questions about recycling day. One resident posted detailed, thoughtful comments about the pool lights being out at night and being unable to use the pool at night on this holiday weekend. Tonight we find that many comments are gone. Rest assured, Positively Palermo did NOT delete them. Blogspot.com is having a system-wide problem and randomly deleted comments from thousands of blogs. It's hoped they will be restored, but that's uncertain at this point. Miss Penny Lane says: Sorry for this glitch and pain, and please repost your comments if you have time and they still are relevant. Cheers!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a lovely weekend away Miss Penny! Fortunately I was able to get away to Palermo this weekend. Despite my worries about the heat, I must say it was lovely! I would love to be there full time! Though, there were some concerns when I got there, namely, a utility door outside my condo that would not stay shut and, thus, slammed constantly against my wall all night in the wind (I pulled a McGuyver, and with a rag and some wire I was able to stabilize it) I apologize to all my neighbors, I imagine this has been an annoyance for awhile. Also, the big pool's gate fails to latch as well. I called DRM and they assured me someone would be out to fix both of these. I'd love to find out if this actually happens! However, I met some of my neighbors and I thoroughly enjoyed my 4th! Again, thanks for making the effort to keep up this blog. It is so appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny. Thanks for the update about the comments gone missing. Mine is sort of moot now so I will not re-post it. But thanks for saying what happened and that you didn't erase them. There used to be a management site on Facebook that wasn't updated and deleted negative comments from us residents. The present HOA board and DRM care about what they care about, and concerns from the rest of us just get in their way. That's why your site have really taken off. It's the talk of the complex!

Anonymous said...

PENNY LANE FOR PRESIDENT!

Anonymous said...

I saw that utility door with a white towel stick into on Sunburst and wondered what was up. I hope they fix it for you. Thanks for the "fyi." was unaware about the pool gate. I'm going to watch to see if Brandi at DRM really gets it fixed.

Palermo Dude said...

I could use a MacGyver around my place. You available?

Anonymous said...

If they haven't fixed the door yet, I'll be seriously annoyed! I can only imagine how annoying that slamming door has been! As far as further MacGuyver moves needed, well you now know where I live, so if I'm around just hit me up.

Anonymous said...

oh, BTW, MacGuyver is taller than me and has a fuller head of hair. Just FYI.

Anonymous said...

I drove by yesterday on the way out and the door is shut tight.

Just Curious said...

Never mind the hair MacGuyver. What you got in that tool belt?! That can't just be duct tape!

Anonymous said...

MacGuyver never uses violence. Just always a bit of finesse and know-how. Man of my dreams.

Anonymous said...

Every guy needs a Handy Man around the neighborhood