Saturday, February 18, 2012

New homeowner needs some help

Positively Palermo received an e-mail from a soon-to-be-owner asking for help. The e-mail reads: "If all goes well, I will be closing escrow ... I found your informative blog online, and it’s been great to read through and acquaint myself with Palermo Palm Springs. Palermo sounds like such a great community, and your blog seems to be an important asset to the development. I wonder if you can help me with something. (My) backyard ... has a beautiful tree that supposedly was knocked over by the wind storm you recently went through. I have not had time to come over to Palm Springs (I live in San Diego) to investigate the tree status of the tree ... I have no one in Palm Springs that can confirm for me if the tree was snapped off by the wind, or just uprooted. I would hate to lose this beautiful tree, and I am hoping to find someone there at Palermo who could go over and take a look, and if it’s uprooted, possibly stake it up and get the roots back into the ground until I can get there to take care it permanently. I am certainly willing to pay someone to help me out. Do you know of anyone there at Palermo that I could contact re: this. I don’t suppose the HOA takes care of trees in the private backyards there. If they do, could you provide me with a person to contact. I may have seen a # on your blog, but I’m not sure." Perhaps someone can leave their email on this post. Or e-mail the blog if you can help. Miss Penny Lane says: Welcome.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi New Owner, welcome to the Palermo family. I am on the HOA Board would would be pleased to check out the tree for you.
hcourtright@dc.rr.com

Anonymous said...

You can call the management company, too.

Anonymous said...

You should sign up for the emails that Travis sends out. (the hoa president) and get some help there.

Anonymous said...

Just call Brandy at DRM.

Tiffani said...

Just saw this post. I can be reached at: bwtiffani@hotmail.com. I can at the very least tell you what the situation is with your tree.

Tia Coco said...

Don't put yourself in a position where you will be held liable for entering ones property. This person needs to ask their broker to determine what's going on.

Anonymous said...

Geez to the above, we try to be helpful and friendly at Palermo. You must not have lived here long since this is place where we help out our neighbors. We have a wonderful HOA board who works hard to lets know the happenings and keep our places looking good. Lay off the martinis and get out walk the streets, talk to people, get to know your neighbors. Only thing not welcome at Palermo is THAT kind of attitude. I love this place so much, love my neighbors, love the board and what it is doing, but I guess we always will have a few with half-full outlooks.