Monday, November 8, 2010

A resident's plea — and plan — to help no-kill animal shelters in the valley

Here's a chance to help out the homeless dogs and cats in our valley, by supporting "no-kill" animal shelters. Many of these shelters are packed because of the economy, as people lose their homes or downsize to apartments that are too small for their pets or have rules against pet ownership. Cases of neglect also are up. With that in mind, please consider this message from a big-hearted Palermo resident. She writes:

 "Good Morning Miss Penny Lane, I am hoping you might post this to the Palermo blog; I am seeking donations of the following for the No Killer shelters close to our community. They are in desperate needs of items - 
  - Cat Liter
  - Canned Cat Food
  - Cat Toys
  - Cat Trees
  - Large Dog Beds
  - Puppy Pee Pads
  - Adult Canned Dog Food
  - Dog Toys
  - Fleece Blankets
  - Large Towels
  - Laundry Soap
  - Hand Sanitizer
  - Paper Towels
  - Lysol Spray
  - Windex
  - Pinesol
  - Bleach
Palermo is a very friendly animal community and I thought that there might be extras of these items and homeowenrs wouldn't mind donating. I am happy to pick up these items or they can drop them off at my place: 3545 Sunburst Blvd. email; bwtiffani@hotmail.com Of course they are looking for monetary donations, but anything would be a big help. I will deliver all this to the shelters. Just contact me and I'll get 'er done. Thank you, Tiffani."

What a wonderful task to undertake. That is the Palermo spirit. Miss Penny Lane says: She perks up when she sees Palermo's doggies walk by her place, but she knows that for everyone one of these pampered pooches there are hundreds more looking for homes. Please help if you can.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do. I am in. I will send you an email to follow up

Anonymous said...

Save a Pet in DHS is in need of much help. They've had to stop taking in pets and they have lost their vet. It's really dire there.

Anonymous said...

Good job.

Anonymous said...

Hello this is Perry. I will will be happy to contribute to the cause :) A worthy cause to say the least.

Anonymous said...

When do you plan to take the stuff over?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the posts! I am taking items until Nov. 20th - will deliver that day to the shelters. Save A Pet is in especially bad shape. They are working on a shoestring, literally.
Tiffani

Anonymous said...

Somebody needs to save or catch that stray cat around Palermo near the clubhouse. If not Animal Control will be called to capture it.

Anonymous said...

What cat?

Anonymous said...

I love some kitty food by your donor. Thanks for doing this, Tiff; I'd never go there to do it myself. Just sign me, Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant to say "I left some kitty food by your door ..." I don't really "love" cat food!!!!!!!! Must not be awake yet!