Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Problems with the hot water heaters?

Positively Palermo received this e-mail: "Ms. Penny, We are having a problem with our water heater not staying lit which seems to be a regular problem with AO Smith water heaters. Is this something homeowners at Palermo are dealing with and have they figured out how to resolve the problem. The AO Smith water heaters that Enterprise put into each unit seems to get awful reviews and has the problems we are experiencing (there are hundreds of postings on the web describing the problem). Furthermore, AO Smith apparently has horrible customer service. Thanks for checking this out for us." Can anyone help? Miss Penny Lane says: Thinking about hot water, makes her think she might just sneak off to take a spa this evening. Say "hi" to her.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello There, Check to see if you can feel any breeze what so ever. One thing you can do is shut off the gas. My friend lights a match but im not keen on that. Take a piece of klenex or tissue papper and see if it moves anywhere. If that does not work try to raise the flame a bit and see if the stronger flame holds. I hope that helps

Anonymous said...

Mine broke and Enterprise took one from another unit - hope you didn't get my old one!!!

Anonymous said...

I had this problem too last year but it seems to have sorted itself out. Nice to know it isn't just mine, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I had this problem last year. I call Kaufmann Plumbing 760-784-4093. A very nice young man came out named Reto Kaufmann. He is the owner. He found the problem and said the part was covered under warranty. So my repair costs were minimal. I would highly recommend this company.

Anonymous said...

was not there something in the newsletter about this????

Anonymous said...

I was told the heaters were discontinued, causing a problem for us.

Anonymous said...

Mine had to be replaced when I moved into my NEW unit. It was not staying lite afer 4 trys Enterprise replaced it. Pity

JBK said...

Thank you everyone for your comments... I appreciate your thoughts and willingness to share your experiences. It stinks that this has been a problem for others but I am glad to know that 9:51 was able to find a solution. It would really hurt for me to have to replace the water heater after only 4 years but I hear that many solutions work for a short while and then end up with the same problem! We shall see! Happy holidays!

Quiet Side Sis said...

I am right now in the middle of trying to decide what to do next- buy a new unit or try to have the AO Smith model serviced once again. It really has never worked properly since day 1. Very, very frustrating. When you start doing some internet research, however, it sounds as if decent water heater companies are truly hard to come by these days. And, AO Smith happens to be the real name behind MANY of the units on the market today. Not comforting to know...

Anonymous said...

I would go with new. We had ours replaced. told it was discontinued model.

Tia Coco said...

I believe our water heater is going out; the hot water in the shower last night wasn’t as boiling as it usually is!