Friday, October 21, 2011

Will Palermo-ites go bananaz for new restaurant?

Positively Palermo has learned that perhaps the closest "fine dining" restaurant to Palermo - Dink's on Palm Canyon Drive — has closed for good and is reopening as a different restaurant. Its Web site says: "Dink's Restaurant and Ultra Lounge Reopens November 1st as Bananaz Tropical Grill and Bananaz After Dark with many of the Dink's staff returning to serve." Miss Penny Lane says: Her standard measure of any restaurant is its Cosmos. Please tell her if the ones at this new place measure up.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know... I mean "Bananaz?" It sounds kind of tacky.

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. DINKS

DINK's was kind of tacky name, too. Though, loved it when it first opened. Lots of good times there.

There's "Bananaz" on 111 near Rancho Mirage in that crazy Lautner building: http://local.yahoo.com/info-30048781-bananaz-tropical-grill-rancho-mirage?tab=reviews

Anonymous said...

The Bananaz on 111 closed and the restaurant is now G G's tropical or something like that. I ate there 2 weeks ago and it was terrible. It's a beautiful restaurant inside and out just bad food. I don't think Bananaz was there very long and I don't know what happened to them at that location. I am anxious to try Bananaz and if anyone has any favorite places to eat in Palm Springs, I'd love to hear about them. I love Cheeky's myself.

Anonymous said...

you can't beat Trio and Lulus

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't been to Trio yet. Lulus has a great all day happy hour. Does anyone have any take on the Tropical? I think that's the name. It's across from the post office.

Anonymous said...

One of the owners of Tropicale used to live at Palermo.

Anonymous said...

I am very suprised DINK's
D= Duel
I= Income
N= No
K= Kid's

Closed, very good food and great people. Lulu's is nice for a summer/early winter night but in the freezing go to Trio

Desert Bib said...

A fun and informative feature would be Dining Out in Palm Springs, with recommendations and reviews of restaurants by Palermo residents. The Desert Bib can live on Positively Palermo.