Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Days: Palermo's Hollywood connections

Palermo Palm Springs has always had a connection to the entertainment business, with a famous singer owning a condo here and film and TV actors living or visiting here. Now a homeowner in the industry is asking for a bit of help. Here is part of her e-mail: "Hi Penny! First of all, I love your blog and your sense of humor! You have quite an eloquent and clever way with words. Although I don't live there full-time, I absolutely fell in love with Palermo at first site and love what you do for our community!! Not sure if my request is something you would post on your blog, but then I thought, supporting the arts & theatre, as well as a fellow homeowner might be right up your alley. So, here goes ...  I'm very proud to say that I'm a singer/actor/dancer/choreographer working in the entertainment industry for over 20 years. Last year, I had the incredible opportunity to assist my good friend & brilliant choreographer, John Charron in creating all-new original choreography for the west coast premiere of HAPPY DAYS: A NEW MUSICAL. (Book by Garry Marshall. Music/Lyrics by Paul Williams.) We are now nominated for BEST CHOREOGRAPHY at BroadwayWorld.com and are currently in 2nd place out of 25!! Although my name is not on the ballot, we both put many hours, blood, sweat and tears into this high-energy, show-stopping production. So, I am asking everyone I can think of to PLEASE PLEASE vote for us. It only takes about 5 mins and would mean so much to me!! One vote per email address.
Go to:
http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/vote2011region.cfm?region=LosAngeles 
- Enter email.
- Best Choreography is the FIRST category.
- Scroll down to vote for John Charron – Happy Days: A New Musical.
- Click the “Continue” button at bottom of page.
- Click the “Continue” button for all the rest of the categories, if you don’t want to vote in the other categories.
If you think this might be something that Palermites would enjoy being a part of, I would love for you to post it on your page." Miss Penny Lane says: These are happy days indeed at Palermo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have my vote!

Tia Coco said...

My vote as well!

Anonymous said...

This is Perry, you got mine. Good Luck :) This is a community that takes care of their own when they can, most of the time anyway LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh please mary