Saturday, March 19, 2011

Memory lane: A year ago this week, our palm trees were taken

It was one year ago this week that numerous Mexican fan palm trees were ripped out of the ground. Positively Palermo noted back then: "These palm trees belong to the Palermo HOA. They apparently were put in too close to driveways by the developer, so isn't that who should pay for the removal because of their possible mistaken planning in the first place? But don't the trees themselves belong to the HOA and ought to be replanted elsewhere in the complex?" Here are two pictures from a year ago, the top one is from Sandy Point near Melody Lane and the second one is of our palms waiting to be trucked off. Miss Penny Lane says: She's a palm fan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross.

Anonymous said...

Never heard why they were not replanted here like around the main pool.Palermo has only a few palms by Palm Springs standards. The one by my unit was not even close to the driveway. Who got the palms and the cash? And why isn't he HOA planting new plants. I sure have sprinklers that are watering nothing.Also,people are planting in the HOA controlled area in front of there units.God I hate Gerianims which leads me to believe"Don't people understand the concept?'

Anonymous said...

I love palm trees and would much prefer them over the tree in front of my unit which has needles like pine needles that are everywhere except on the tree. It's a very messy tree.

Anonymous said...

I miss the palms and just shrubs were planted in their place but I also was disturbed how the HOA board last year handled this - they never had it on a board agenda even though there was a meeting around when it was done, and you have to ask how this decision was made.

Anonymous said...

I had even asked to take or buy a palm for my back area and was quickly told it was too late