Wednesday, September 1, 2010

What we didn't get: Dog Park


Palermo is home to more than just people. Two dozen to three dozen dogs consider our community to be theirs as well. The Palermo marketing material said, "You'll also enjoy a dedicated dog park." This was an important factor for some people when they purchased condos. The doggie park was to be near the exit gate to San Rafael, adjacent to the 10,000-square-foot retail center also promised. A resident has e-mailed that soon the undeveloped portion of Palermo will be sprayed with a green cover, and the doggies won't even be able to run and enjoy this open space. Miss Penny Lane loves watching the Palermo boys walk their dogs down her street as she does her dishes and says: Palermo's pooches also are losing out because of unfulfilled promises.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right Miss Penny.Also the social aspect of making new friends which bonds are community.

Low-Key Palermo-ite said...

Could any thing be done with the empty space to make a space for the dogs? That also might help with the doggie do problem in parts of the community. This is my first post. I don't go to meetings and get info here, so I do want to say Penny Lane a thank-you for the time she puts into this. I feel so much more connected to Palermo because of the openness of this forum and site. Before I feel quite alone (I don't have a dog --- yet?!?) It's kind of funny but the site has given me a reason or an "entry point" to talk to neighbors or others in the complex because we can start our conversation talking about what Penny Lane is saying, or did you see the Palermo bog, etc. She's kinda building community and things like a dog park also would do that. So anyhoo thank-you Penny Lane and it in my view the resident comment contributions on this site are remarkably well-behaved compared to what's on the Internet. I believe it is because everyone wants Palermo to succeed. I don't know if I will post again but I check in every morning now as part of my morning routine. I like how all of you are taking part and want to hear the good and bad or just any news.

Anonymous said...

A nice sized dog park would be easy to build in the back lot.

Anonymous said...

I second the above. And I dog park is needed.

Quiet Side Sis said...

I third it---and for me, the dog park was a major selling point when I decided to buy at Palermo. Very dissapointing that such a simple amenity was not added, as yet...

Anonymous said...

Fourth it on this end. What can be done? There's plenty of land. A dog park would help property values, nothing like it in Palm Springs. Look at the ACE Hotel and how one of its cool features is a doggie park.

Anonymous said...

We are going to be in town this weekend...how about an informal DOGGIE SOCIAL? The kids can meet and greet...

Anonymous said...

Now they want to close off the undeveloped part of our community to dogs.